[squid-users] Cachemgr.cgi - Manager Name & Password

From: <subs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:57:50 +1000

Hi All,

I know this question has been asked over & over (sorry). I'm trying to
access the Cache Manager Interface (Squid Vers 2.4) via Webmin Vers Vers 1.07.

When I hit the Cache Manager Stats link which goes to /squid/cachemgr.cgi I
get :

Cache Host : localhost
Cache Port : 3128
Manager Name :
Password :

I've tried every possible user on the system as well as "cache" &
"password" - each try results in "connect: (111) Connection refused"

I think it may relate to some of my rules as below :

#Recommended minimum configuration:
#
# Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access allow manager mynetwork
#http_access deny manager
http_access allow all
#Deny requests to unknown ports
http_access deny !Safe_ports
# Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
#
# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS
http_access allow mynetwork
# And finally deny all other access to this proxy
http_access allow localhost
http_access deny all