Re: [squid-users] System crash with Squid 2.4.7 on Solaris 8

From: Adam <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:39:45 -0700

Henrik wrote:
> This does not look like a Squid problem. Probably a driver or hardware
> issue. Call your Sun support representative.
>
> up to and including "exited with s" is from squid. The rest is a
> critical OS error message. It is quite likely the cause to the squid
> message is due to the OS/Hardware problem.

I had a Solaris x86 box for a while but had to use it for something else and
have never seen this error/problem on our Sparc boxes so out of curiosity I
checked Sunsolve. I found very little, but I did find the same error in
reference to a Jumpstart install permissions problem in the Free Symptoms
and Resolutions section of Sunsolve. The "Resolution" section shows some
stuff Brian can try to repair corrupted files, it may have nothing to do
with your problem but it was the only that came up on Sunsolve
(groups.google had nothing but your own post), so you might check it out:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=fsrdb%2F22979&zone_32=ID2297
9

But like Henrik wrote, it looks like an OS (or driver) problem and since
probably Squid is the main app running on these boxes it's the one that
catches or triggers the panic. Are you up to date on at minimum the
Security and Recommended patches? Also while Squid is not the source of
this problem, since you probably should do a fresh rebuild of this box/OS
you might take the opportunity to upgrade to the latest stable squid
(2.5STABLE3).

hth,

Adam