Re: [squid-users] different values recommend for diskd (values swaped ?)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Jul 2003 14:34:29 +0200

mĺn 2003-07-21 klockan 11.44 skrev Dieter Bloms:

> Which value should be higher ?
> My option is Q2 should be higher than Q1.

Experiment and let us know your findings. The Squid developers have not
fully agreed on which mode is best. Probably depends on the situation.

These parameters modifies how Squid behaves when your disk I/O is
overloaded. In one mode Squid will prefer to bypass the disk, assuming
the disks are too slow to keep up with the network, in the other Squid
will wait for the disks, assuming the disks are faster than your network
anyway.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before