Re: [squid-users] Download accelerator

From: Rully Budisatya <brumilist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:36:36 +0700

Yes infact I have already used delay pools.
I have a 2 Mbps downlink, and manage the bandwidth using delay pools class 2
with -1/-1 4000/8000 for each client's IP to simulate dialup connection.

When the client download some files from the internet using DAP, the
bandwidth IS limited in client's side to around 4KB/sec which is exactly
what I put in the delay pools parameter.

But the bandwidth consumption that's coming from my main router to the squid
is not limited to 4KB/sec, instead it can go up to 1 Mbit/sec or even more,
but not steady. It continue to fluctuates around 1 Mbit/sec.

The client gets the bandwidth just like I set in delay pools, but squid
itself seems to fetch the files with much higher speed When this is applied,
and a lot of users are downloading, my bandwidth will become very full
eventhough only being used by several clients.

--rully