Re: [squid-users] machine specs

From: <services@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:02:48 -0400 (EDT)

Oh well. Thanks for the reply. I also thought that squid will do well on
a single processor machine. usually, the 7200 RPM hard drives should also
do fine , right? if more RAM is give to the machine with a 800Mhz pentium
3 processor with 40GB IDE hard-drive with 7200 RPM, will squid serve
requests well for 60 users on dialup?

i am sure that many ISPs use squid cache for 200+ users but to start an
ISP with 60 modems is considered beginner level+ . we have to expand to
960 modems by he endo g year 2003. that means we have to get more and more
horse power for the squid cache server. but for now, please comment on
this .... a bit more if possible. i appreciate you writing back again.

kind regards,

ab