RE: [squid-users] Stopping windows update

From: Rick Matthews <k5wls@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:02:22 -0500

Generally speaking, whether you block it with squidGuard or with
Squid ACLs the result is the same for the user; they see a page that
tells them they cannot go where they want to go.

So I understand now that your question does not pertain to the
user perspective, and is more likely concerning reporting issues.

A Squid acl denial can give you an access.log entry that contains
"TCP_DENIED/403". Due to limitations in Squid's redirector interface,
the best you can do with squidGuard is "TCP_MISS/403". And for most
of the logfile reporting packages, that's not good enough.

Question for others on the list: Is it possible that "TCP_DENIED"
could be achieved in a redirector environment using http_reply_access
to look for a predetermined something-or-other indicating DENIED?

Rick