Re: [squid-users] Stopping windows update

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:23:16 +0200

On Friday 22 August 2003 17.02, Rick Matthews wrote:

> Question for others on the list: Is it possible that "TCP_DENIED"
> could be achieved in a redirector environment using
> http_reply_access to look for a predetermined something-or-other
> indicating DENIED?

Maybe in Squid-2.5.STABLE4 or later, but most likely not to the level
you want.

In Squid-3.0 TCP_REPLY_DENIED will be used for requests denied by
http_reply_access, and is probably not what you want in this case..

It should ne noted that using http_reply_access also replaces the
reply with a Squid access denied page.

So to summarize, if you want correct reporting and full control, use
Squid ACLs and not redirector based access controls.