RE: [squid-users] Stopping windows update

From: Jose Nathaniel G. Nengasca <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:49:46 -0700

And also if you just

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Nordstrom [mailto:hno@squid-cache.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 7:53 AM
To: Fajar Priyanto; squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Stopping windows update
Henrik is right but since if you really wants to use squidguard for that try
putting windowsupdate.microsoft.com into the URL file instead of DOMAINS
file. it should work.

On Thursday 21 August 2003 10.38, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi Rick,
> You're right. That's exactly what I want squidGuard does: to DENY
> rather than redirect. But I don't how to do it. I've put
> windowsupdate.microsoft.com into the 'banneddestination' list, and
> that's what squidGuard does: redirecting the request to "denied web
> page".

And being a redirector, redirec is what SquidGuard can do, either by
sending a browser redirect to the browser, or by rewriting the URL
while Squid forwards the URL.

If you make SquidGuard rewrite the URL to a web page which results in
an access denied then the access will be effectively denied. However,
in the eye of Squid it is a proxied request resulting in an HTTP
error..

If you want the request to be denied directly by Squid you need to use
Squid acls in http_access. This will result in TCP_DENIED in your
Squid access log, and no dependencies on other services.

dangerous contents on SSCR Email Scanner Server, and is
believed to be clean.
---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
---