[squid-users] Timeout on SSL using cache_peer. REDHAT9/SQUID2.5S1

From: Emannuel Silva <emsilva@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:28:31 -0300

Hi Folks,

  Good morning/afternoon/evening! Whatever it is where you are :).
  This is my first e-mail to the group! I am having a few problems
  trying to use SSL thru cache_peer on SQUID, let me first introduce
  my system to you:

  My system: Redhat 9, and Squid Version 2.5.STABLE1. The only line in my
  squid.conf file: (As I am testing this thing, I don't want acls and
  other configurations to bother)

  cache_peer myproxy.com parent 81 7 no-query default proxy-only

  Lets assume that my system is called mysystem.com.

  Here's the deal: Using this configuration, I can configure my browser
  to use mysystem.com:3128 with no problems at all. I can access
  google.com, whatisthematrix.com, intranet applications... everything
  seens fine! The dream ends when I try to access "www.itau.com.br" that
  is a "must access" site to my company. The form on the top where its
  written "AGÊNCIA" and "CONTA" resides in
  "https://bankline.itau.com.br:443/LgNet/ItauBanklinePF.htm" and keeps
  giving me timeout! I checked the access.log, and it does not log when I
  try to access this specific link (maybe because it does not "accesses"
  it at all). My first though was to blame the "myproxy.com". What a
  surprise it was when I configured my browser with "myproxy.com:81" and
  the site came up complete, with no problems/timeouts.

  This problem is driving me nutz. If anyone has any idea of what can be
  going on here, please let me know. Also, let me know if more
  information is needed.

Thank you everyone.

    Emannuel Silva

PS: Forgive the lame english :)