Re: [squid-users] corruption symptom

From: Joshua Brindle <JBrindle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:45:21 -0500

>On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 09:20, Joshua Brindle wrote:
>> Ok, after looking at LOTS of logs and tcpdumps of the traffic
>> i finally figured out that when pages or images are broken there
>> is an extra crlf after the headers. this only happens when using
>> a cache peer, and happened with both dansguardian and tinyproxy
>> as the cache peer. I'm using these cache peer options:
>> allow-miss default no-digest no-netdb-exchange no-query
name=localhost

>> Since this does not happen when squid is run standalone it seems
>> that the offending code is in the peer area, but I can't find
anything
>> that would add a crlf anywhere except client_side.. any
help/pointers/
>> realizations? Thank you very much..
>>

>Ok, this is something I can look for - will get back to you in a
couple
>of days.
>
>Thanks for the excellent detective work.

To update this problem, it does _NOT_ occur when i put another squid on

the other side of the squid 3.0. For example, the setup that would not
work
was squid 3.0 -> dansguardian -> tinyproxy (the tinyproxy was to
eliminate the
routing loop as a possible source of the problem).

However, if i put a squid 2.5 with icp between squid 3.0 and
dansguardian ala
squid 3.0 -> squid 2.5 -> dansguardian -> tinyproxy
it works fine, although admitidly slow. So the problem must occur when
using
a cache_peer which does not have icp of digest query capability,
although I
simply can't find it.

Joshua Brindle
UNIX Administrator