Re: [squid-users] Squid Error

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:18:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, ads squid wrote:

> Is it possible to use squid 2.5 STABLE3 as transperent
> proxy, with ncsa authentication

No, and it never will be or has been as it is not technically possible to
use proxy authentication in a transparent HTTP proxy, any model or brand
or version.

Now my question to you is what can we do to make sure nobody else will
ever ask this question again? It is a very frequent question and we have
already documented in squid.conf.default and in the Squid FAQ that the
above is not possible, and squid also complains loudly in cache.log if you
attempt to do so. Is there anything else we can do to make sure anyone who
thinks about doing this will figure out quickly that it is not possible?