Re: [squid-users] different user , different access ..possible ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Sep 2003 10:49:12 +0200

tis 2003-09-16 klockan 10.04 skrev Raja R:
> Hi all,
> I have ncsa authentication on squid-2.5 stable1 with a single passwd file
> for the users.
> My query is :
> Is it possible to allow different user different types of access ?

Yes.

> like allow user A a max download size of 50 MB , allow User B only 10 MB .
> Both are in the same passwd file. I read it is possible in stable 2
> onwards..

You need to create different proxy_auth acl types matching the different
groups of users, and then use these acls.

The proxy_auth acl is just a list of users who are member of this acl.
To ease administration the magic keyword REQUIRED can be used to
indicate that this acl matches all users, but you can just as well list
the usernames.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before