Re: [squid-users] Plz help - Connection closing - why?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:43:02 +1000

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 23:29, Deepa D wrote:
> Hi,
> I feel the following is happening as the browser is
> closing much before the proxy can send back a
> response.There is an intermediate program that is
> trapping the requests from the browser and redirecting
> them to the proxy.I tried sending a 100 Continue
> message from the intermediate program , but it doesn't
> work.I am working with IE 5.5 browser.
> Please tell me how I can make the browser wait to
> receive the response from the proxy.
> Regards and TIA,
> Deepa

connection closing is perfectly normal part of operation. Squid is
http/1.0 with a few 1.1 features - but it doesn't support Continue.

I'm a little unclear on what is going on here, but it sounds like:
1) You are writing a proxy of some sort, using squid to get the data
from the internet.
2) You are having a problem where the connection from squid to your
proxy is closing.

Whats not clear is /when/ it is closing. As I said above, closing the
connection is normal for http operation. If you are coding to the
http/1.1 specification, you should read the section on HTTP/1.0
persistent connection interoperation, and probably the HTTP/1.0 spec
too.

Rob