Re: [squid-users] Corrupted downloads?

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:14:17 +0100

On Friday 17 October 2003 10:05 am, Boniforti Flavio wrote:

> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > Have you tried downloading the same files directly from the parent proxy?
>
> Yes I did. And the facts don't change!

What is the nature of the corruption?   Are the files correct up to a certain
point, and then simply end, suggesting that the data stream got cut off, or
are there missing bytes within the file (so the resultant length is
shortened), or are some bytes changed (so the final file is the right length
but some of the contents are incorrect)?

What happens if you download the same file across the same leased line but
bypassing the Squid proxy?

What type of file/s get corrupted?   Plain text?   HTML?  Binaries (images,
executables, arbitrary data)?

What is the MIME content type of the downloads which get corrupted?
Text/plain?   Text/html?   Application/octet-stream?

What do the Squid access.log files on both your proxy and the parent proxy
tell you about the files which arrive corrupted?

Hope some of these questions point in a helpful direction.....

Regards,

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.