Re: [squid-users] Corrupted downloads?

From: Antony Stone <Antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:09:10 +0100

On Friday 17 October 2003 10:32 am, Boniforti Flavio wrote:

> Antony Stone wrote:
> > What is the nature of the corruption? Are the files correct up to a
> > certain point, and then simply end, suggesting that the data stream got
> > cut off, or are there missing bytes within the file (so the resultant
> > length is shortened), or are some bytes changed (so the final file is the
> > right length but some of the contents are incorrect)?
>
> The length is always correct.
>
> ZIP files: CRC Error
> EXE files: errors when running them (if standalone programs) or when
> installing them (like Adobe Acrobat Reader 6).

This sounds pretty weird.

> > What do the Squid access.log files on both your proxy and the parent
> > proxy tell you about the files which arrive corrupted?
>
> I can't get the parent proxy's log files, but mine is like:
>
> 1066382936.928 94247 10.167.211.11 TCP_MISS/200 18033719 GET
> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/6.x/6.0/ita/AdbeRdr60_ita_
>full.exe boniforti FIRST_PARENT_MISS/proxy.reteunitaria.piemonte.it
> application/octet-stream

Any chance you could email me (offlist) the file which you get after
downloading from that URL? I'm just downloading it now and I'd be
interested to see what actual differences exist between the files.

(If you email me a .exe file you'll get a bounce from my antivirus scanner
saying it's a bad file type, but ignore that; I can retreive the file from
quarantine.)

Regards,

Antony

--
The difference between theory and practice is that
in theory there is no difference, whereas in practice there is.