Re: [squid-users] time based Instant Message blocking

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:50:03 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Manu C S wrote:

> Yes, I am building it from source.
> I'm building it on RH8.0 because IPCop doesn't have a compiler.
> After building it, when I check the symbols in the squid
> executable using nm, I get:
> $nm squid | grep GLIBC_2.3
> U __ctype_b_loc@@GLIBC_2.3
> U __ctype_tolower_loc@@GLIBC_2.3
> U __ctype_toupper_loc@@GLIBC_2.3

Hmm.. my RH8.0 boxes is glibc 2.2 based, and gives the requirement for
GLIBC_2.0 on most binaries..

are you sure the station you are building on is a RedHat 8.0? The above
looks like it is a RedHat 9 system..

Please note that when building binaries on one system for running on
another you need to be VERY careful with the version of glibc and
compilers used on the system used for building the binaries. It will never
work if the system used for building the binaries uses newer libraries or
compilers than the target system is used/designed for. For details on what
kind of system is required for building applications for ICop please see
your ICop documentation for the version of ICop you are using. This is not
a Squid question.