Re: [squid-users] fastening squid to a port: problem

From: Payal Rathod <payal-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 03:04:52 +0000

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:26:38AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 07:56, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Payal Rathod wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the mail. Well, I have only one proxy running, and webserve
> > > ris on 80. But I believe I mentioned port 0? What might be the reason
> > > that squid behaves taht way when port is set to 0 or none?
> >
> > It is not possible to use port 0.
> >
> > What I think is going on is that when port 0 is specified in the user
> > agent (browser) it connects to port 80.
>
> I suspect that when the port is 0 the browser disables the use of the
> proxy, thus going direct through NAT or normal routing.

Ok, I doubt that browser is sending request at port 80, because
>pache is there.

But I have an iptable rule which says that all request to internet port
80 should be dropped.

Do you want me to paste all the data and squidc.conf on my site?
With warm regards,
-Payal

Rob

--
For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com