[squid-users] Enabling SSLGateway

From: Richard Barrett <r.barrett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:05:58 +0000

I am using squid-2.5.STABLE4-20031107 with the ssl-2.5.patch applied.
All has built and works at a basic level.

My objective is to use Squid as an https reverse proxy front ending an
Apache server. Squid is happily terminating incoming https connections
from the browser and making http requests to the Apache server. But I
want the requests from Squid to Apache to also use https so that Squid
is functioning as a transparent https 'gateway'.

Although I have searched the squid-users list archive and studied the
comments/entries in squid.conf post application of the patch I have not
identified what exactly tells Squid to use https rather than http to
talk to the back end Apache server.

Can some kind soul enlighten me or point me at some published material
on this point. I am not averse to reading code but am under the gun on
timescale and really need to get this working.

Thanks

Richard
Richard Barrett http://www.openinfo.co.uk