RE: [squid-users] Squid NT vs. Squid Linux

From: Cafe Admin <cafeadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:34:27 -0500

Thanks Serassio and Adam for your feedback. I look briefly at Samba 3.0 and
it looks like it will do the job for me. I need to read a little more about
it to be able to configure it.

As Serassio pointed out WAN bandwidth would be my bottleneck. I'm painfully
aware of this fact: but unfortunately bandwidth isn't readily available and
the little available is quite expensive in where this LAN is.

Any recommendation on what hardware can comfortably handle 30-50 clients? As
you can see I'm counting on Squid to solve a little of my bandwidth problem.
I wouldn't want Squid to become the bottleneck instead so I don't mind
investing in a slightly higher performance hardware for Squid if that would
help.

Thanks again for your response.