[squid-users] OT: squid with Viralator Download loop problem

From: Kenneth Oncinian <koncinian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:32:20 +0800

Hi,

Ive been trying to implement a simple virus scanning in squid using viralator
and squirm.

I have 2 problems, one is the downloading loop and one is the "you cannot
download from this site, contact the system administrator" message.

My problem in "downloading" loop is the popup window will download the file as
expected but then another popup will appear then another and another (will
not stop) will download the same file. I noticed that this problem occurs on
sites which offers automatic downloads such as download.com or cnet.com.

But when a client tries to manually download to avoid the looping download,
the "cannot download from this site" appears. Maybe because the url for
manual downloads in such sites are like
http://download.com.com/3002-2250-8132587.html?tag=dir

Any viralator uses who can help me with this? I tried everything in the squirm
and viralator faq and google..no luck.

Thanks and best regards,
Kenneth Oncinian