Re: [squid-users] Fw: squid_ldap_auth problem

From: Mark Taylor <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:25:37 +0000

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 14:05, Steve Dickey - sentry wrote:
> All:
>
> I am running squid 2.5STABLE4 and having problems authenticating users
> against a Win2000 ADS/LDAP directory. My config works fine with the
> administrator userid/password but will not work with any of the valid users
> that are in the same Users folder.

For W2K ADS authentication you'd be *much* better off with the ntlm_auth
helpers from Samba 3

> This is the line I have in squid.conf to define the external helper:
> auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -b
> "cn=users,dc=hammersconstruction,dc=com" -u cn -h 10.0.0.3
>
> What am I missing?
> I have been unable to find a manual or info on squid_ldap_auth. If
this
> exists, please direct me to it. I did find a man page but it is only
> couple pages and does not contain any detail or examples.

We've just finishing a howto on ADS authentication for Squid using
ntlm_auth & winbind from Samba 3. Let me know if you'd like to see a
'pre-production' copy.

> thanks...scd

Regards,

Mark

--
"...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more
expected..."