Re: [squid-users] Fw: squid_ldap_auth problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:52:14 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Steve Dickey - sentry wrote:

> I am running squid 2.5STABLE4 and having problems authenticating users
> against a Win2000 ADS/LDAP directory. My config works fine with the
> administrator userid/password but will not work with any of the valid users
> that are in the same Users folder.
>
> This is the line I have in squid.conf to define the external helper:
> auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -b
> "cn=users,dc=hammersconstruction,dc=com" -u cn -h 10.0.0.3

Most likely the CN of the LDAP objects is not the same as the login name
you try to use but instead the full name of the user.

You probably should look into using the search mode of the helper.

> I have been unable to find a manual or info on squid_ldap_auth. If this
> exists, please direct me to it. I did find a man page but it is only a
> couple pages and does not contain any detail or examples.

The man page has full details on all the options and 5 different examples
(of which two are based on MS ADS).

What version of Squid are you looking into? The most current revision of
the helper (and documentation) is found in Squid-2.5.STABLE3 and later.