RE: [squid-users] False Web addresses, and how to handle them

From: Eric Geater 12/12/03 <egeater@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:24:04 -0600

"There was an example acl for the purpose in the message sent by Duane."

I didn't understand what I saw; that's what prompted my reply. I can
put something in my ACLs, but I'd like to know the implications behind
its structure. Something simple like gator.com is self-explanatory, but
I just didn't understand what "acl UrlHasLogin urllogin ." and "acl
SketchyLogin urllogin [^a-zA-Z0-9]" actually meant.

I still don't understand the implication of a login or login character
in this regard, because in my limited knowledge, "login" is what happens
when you announce who you are to a system, and not a result in a URL.
But I'm still learning, so it's just another mystery to uncover :-)

"See the Squid FAQ chapter 10 Access Controls for details on acls,
http_access etc."

TYVM!