[squid-users] squid url ? problem

From: Birlasekaran Dinesh <dinesh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:31:52 +0800

Thanks to irc #squid, I managed to fix it. Was in my

acl chat url_regex -i "/etc/chat.txt"

basically did

acl chat dstdomain .yahoo.com
acl chat dstdomain .hotmail.com

and after

http_access deny chat

and removed the

acl chat url_regex -i "/etc/chat.txt"

as jeff, on the channel told me. Thanks jeff.

Dinesh.

Hi all,

When ever a ? appears in the url, my squid denies the request. I have
searched the acls and found out that I have 2 entries which mathes this.

# TAG: hierarchy_stoplist
# A list of words which, if found in a URL, cause the object to
# be handled directly by this cache. In other words, use this
# to not query neighbor caches for certain objects. You may
# list this option multiple times.
#
#We recommend you to use at least the following line.
hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?

and

# TAG: no_cache
# A list of ACL elements which, if matched, cause the reply to
# immediately removed from the cache. In other words, use this
# to force certain objects to never be cached.
#
# You must use the word 'DENY' to indicate the ACL names which
should
# NOT be cached.
#
#We recommend you to use the following two lines.
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY

When ever I do a request to a search site or a webmail which has ? in
the url, it denies the whole thing.

1072161886.297 1 xx.xxx.xx.xx TCP_DENIED/403 1138 GET
http://xxxxx.xxx.xxx.xx/form/search/? - NONE/- -

Any ideas?

Regards,

Dinesh

DISCLAIMER:
This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please
do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any
other person as it may be an offence under the Official Secrets Act.
Thank you.