Re: [squid-users] reverse proxy for Exchange 2000 OWA

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:06:09 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, DLau wrote:

> Has anyone successfully done the captioned using squid, please?

Yes, many times.

> I am trying to set up one with Exchange 2000 sitting on an internal
> network while squid on the DMZ but failed. All I can see was the
> initial login pop-up window, and then it looks like trying to open /
> load a page but failed (I saw an internal IP showing on the browser's
> status bar like "opening page ...").

You need to make sure the OWA gets called by the name used in the browser.
In the simple accelerator setup the host name gets modified by the
accelerator to the internal serever name and this won't work with OWA.

in /etc/hosts add the external name you give to the service with the IP
address of your OWA server. Then configure Squid like

httpd_accel_host the.external.name
httpd_accel_port 80

Or look into using Squid-3 where acceleration mode is redone and in my
opinion much easier to get correct (but then I am perhaps a little biased)