[squid-users] Help with NTLM, automatic login?

From: David Robinet <dave.robinet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:46:52 -0500

Hi, list:

I've googled this quite a lot, but haven't been able to find a really
solid answer - I'm honestly sorry if I've missed an obvious one.

I've got NTLM authentication working fine with Squid - user starts up
IE6, hits the proxy, is prompted for their Windows userid and password,
and must supply them to proceed. That's all happy.

What I'd like to do is have that information passed to Squid
automatically, so the user doesn't have to type them in each time. I'd
be interested in using any method - Javascript, or what-have-you - but I
really can't find a specific howto on this at all.

We've got a Windows 2000 domain (running mixed mode), running IE6 across
the desktop. Squid machine is Redhat 9, Squid 2.5-STABLE4, and Samba
3.0.1.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

Dave