Re: [squid-users] Paid Support

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 00:51:54 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Chris Curtis wrote:

> I have a problem allowing one PC on my network to bypass the proxy. I
> have actually attempted it, a number of times, but still have not got it
> to work.

If you are using normal proxy settings then it is just a matter of not
configuring the proxy settings on the client.

If you are doing interception then you should add an acl to the
interception point allowing the traffic from this station to pass without
getting intercepted. How to make these acls depends on how you intercept
the traffic.

There is no settings in Squid where you can allow a client to bypass the
use of Squid. Once the request has arrived to Squid it is already too late
to bypass Squid.

If your question is just about giving one PC differnt level of access via
the proxy than the others without actually bypassing the proxy as such
then it is all a matter of the order of your http_access rules. See the
Squid FAQ chapter 10 Access Controls.

<commercial>
If you are in need of paid Squid support then I would recommend looking
into the offerings from MARA Systems AB <url:http://www.marasystems.com/>.
There you are guaranteed to get in touch with people knowing Squid well
and also supports the Squid development.
</commercial>