RE: [squid-users] Squid Performance Analysis

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:43:23 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Jay Turner wrote:

> > Is there something that analyzes the various "*_HIT" statuses in the log
> > and produces a "what might have been report"? Does anyone know of any
> > tools that are not listed on the Squid Cache web site that would provide
> > this type of report?
>
> Your requirements sound like you are looking for a cache reporting tool.
>
> Have you tried Calamaris?

No, I haven't. The link on the Squid-Cache log analyzer page pointed to
the page put up when the Europe was in an uproar over the EC permitting
corporations to patent software. Thanks for the link to a valid page.

> http://cord.de/tools/squid/calamaris/Welcome.html

After asking the list, I went through the list again and spotted a package
called Squeezer2. The one thing going for it is that it reports the
percentage of bandwidth. Just the right thing for the "pointy-hair boss",
Erbsenzaehler, etc.

Merton Campbell Crocett

--
BEGIN:				vcard