RE: [squid-users] Squid Performance Analysis

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 09:10:16 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Jay Turner wrote:

> > Is there something that analyzes the various "*_HIT" statuses in the log
> > and produces a "what might have been report"? Does anyone know of any
> > tools that are not listed on the Squid Cache web site that would provide
> > this type of report?
>
> Your requirements sound like you are looking for a cache reporting tool.
>
> Have you tried Calamaris?

Again, thanks for the corrected link to Calamaris. Unfortunately, some of
the reports generated by Calamaris indicate that I might not understand
Squid as well as I thought.

Is there a good description of how to interpret the Calamaris reports?

The "Performance in 60 Minute Steps" report appears to offer management a
good idea of how much bandwidth is being saved. The problem is that the
column headings make it difficult to understand what is being reported.
The report has 6 columns that indicate activity in terms of kB/sec. I've
tried to find the combination of rates that add up to the volume of data
purportedly delivered to the client. No combination seems to make sense.

Any clues?

Merton Campbell Crockett

--
BEGIN:				vcard