[squid-users] Transparent proxy - some pages show up blank

From: Rod Savard <RodS@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:47:33 -0800

I'm running squid in transparent proxy mode on a Debian 3.0 firewall.

I'm having a problem where some pages show up blank in IE. If I specify
the proxy settings manually in IE, the page shows fine.

Here are two pages that show up blank:

http://autos.msn.com
http://www.msnbc.com/news/WEA_Front.asp?cp1=1

Interestingly, the pages show up fine when using Mozilla or Firefox even
in transparent proxy mode. So it may be an IE problem.

I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this problem and found a
workaround (besides specifically configuring the IE client to use a
proxy).

---
Rod Savard, MCP, CCA - Senior Network Administrator
SCM Consultants, Inc. - www.scm-ae.com
(509) 783-1625  or  (509) 948-1254