Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy - some pages show up blank

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:32:40 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Rod Savard wrote:

> Interestingly, the pages show up fine when using Mozilla or Firefox even
> in transparent proxy mode. So it may be an IE problem.

Only way to tell is to do a packet level traffic analysis.

> I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this problem and found a
> workaround (besides specifically configuring the IE client to use a
> proxy).

Configuring the client to use the proxy is a solution.

Transparent proxying is a workaround to not have to configure the client,
not a solution. There is other solutions to the problem of configuring the
client such as WPAD, logon scripts, automated user instructions etc..