[squid-users] Renegotiated HTTP port halts communication

From: Eric Geater 3/17/03 <egeater@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:46:17 -0600

I have a lone computer that must communicate via secure sockets to a web
server. Communication starts with our machine on port 80, and the
server responds on port 80. Then it goes to SSL and attempts to
negotiate communication on port 6847. Eventually, though, the server
times out because my end (apparently) doesn't allow the connection.

However, a machine outside of the proxy server (live on the 'net)
connects with no problem.

I'm running Squid 2.5 STABLE, and here is a snippet of my squid.conf.
Please let me know if I have something stupidly wrong; I'm open to lots
of criticism.

acl SSL_ports port 443 563 6847 #6847 is for Unity service
acl Safe_ports port 80
Acl Safe_ports port 6847
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

http_access allow manager localhost