[squid-users] Re: Two Problems/Authentication Prompting | Denying Specific Users to Specific Websites

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:33:00 -0400

Darwin L. Lambeth wrote:

> I have succeeded at getting NTLM authentication to work, but
> once in a while it will keep prompting my users for their passwords

The usual cause of this is too few NTLM helpers - try increasing the number
of NTLM helpers in squid.conf and running "squid -k reconfigure".

> I want to be able to deny certain W2K users to certain
> websites while allowing others to access that same website.

The proxy_auth acl can be used to match on a list of usernames, or you can
setup groups in your domain and use an external_acl helper to match on
those groups.

You can combine this with with dstdomain acls to allow/deny access to
certain websites by user name. For more info see the Access Controls
section of the Squid FAQ:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html

Adam