Re: [squid-users] Recommended Hardware for my platform

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 01:05:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Jason Williams wrote:

> I just have a coulple of questions in regards to my hardware needs.
>
> We currently have 40 users, but that number will increase to probably
> 90-100 users in a year or so.

Pretty small numbers, unless these users are very heavily surfing with
high speed connectivity.

What kind of users?

If these users are "normal" office users then a old Pentium with a single
IDE drive will do the job with no problem. Only thing to watch out for is
memory usage (See Squid FAQ on how much memory Squid requires).