Re: [squid-users] Recommended Hardware for my platform

From: Jason Williams <jwilliams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:13:50 -0700

>Pretty small numbers, unless these users are very heavily surfing with
>high speed connectivity.

Well, we do a lot of connecting to vendor web sites that have web
interfaces that we use.

>What kind of users?

Not sure what you mean here, but a big part of our company uses the
internet for a variety of things.

>If these users are "normal" office users then a old Pentium with a single
>IDE drive will do the job with no problem. Only thing to watch out for is
>memory usage (See Squid FAQ on how much memory Squid requires).

Yes, normal office computers. All running IE because our vendor web sites
will not work with alternate browsers.

>Regards
>Henrik

Hope this helps.