Re: [squid-users] Recommended Hardware for my platform

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:46:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Jason Williams wrote:

> >Pretty small numbers, unless these users are very heavily surfing with
> >high speed connectivity.
>
> Well, we do a lot of connecting to vendor web sites that have web
> interfaces that we use.

Is this all your users is doing all the time?

Lets try to reformulate the problem to something which may be easier to
estimate:

How many page views per second do you expect your users to do?

And how many Mbps of HTTP traffic is expected? (only counting HTTP/FTP
traffic proxied via Squid, not other traffic such as direct FTP, email,
IRC, filesharing, whatever...)