Re: [squid-users] Recommended Hardware for my platform

From: Jason Williams <jwilliams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:43:15 -0700

>Is this all your users is doing all the time?

Well, we do have a lot of web interfaces that our vendors use. Mix that in
with that these users surf as well. However, a big part of what I want to
implement will restrict where users can and cannot go.

>Lets try to reformulate the problem to something which may be easier to
>estimate:

Sounds good to me. :)

>How many page views per second do you expect your users to do?

This is something that I would need to figure out in order to give a answer.
The trick is, figuring out how to gather this information. :)

>And how many Mbps of HTTP traffic is expected? (only counting HTTP/FTP
>traffic proxied via Squid, not other traffic such as direct FTP, email,
>IRC, filesharing, whatever...)

Well, being as that we have a T-1 to our office, im guessing that at any
given time, peak time that is, maybe, "maybe" 500-600Mbps, but that is
really taking a guess right now. I'll have to see if I can generate some
statistics from my firewall.

>Regards
>Henrik

I appreciate the help.