[squid-users] squid and firefox

From: Prashant Kumar <prashk@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Apr 2004 13:51:50 +0100

Hi Peeps,

I've a problem here. Don't laugh at me, I'm only doing what my customers
want. I know this is not a squid issue at all and this should go to
firefox forum but if you guys have some tips I'll be grateful

I've five mozilla firefox browsers installed on linux. Each browser is
allowed out via squid proxy which authenticates using an external auth.
A usr/passwd is given to the client and it expires after 30 min. I have
all the controls in squid i.e when the user is logging in, when to kick
them out etc etc. Authentication mechanism is basic and a dialog pops
up on the browser after 30 min expiry.

Now I want the browser to display a timer. How do I do it please? Since
this timer has to synchronise with a successful login.. I guess I'll
have to hack firefox code.

Second thing is if a user has forgotten to log out of a say yahoo or
hotmail account, I don't want the next customer to read the previous
customers emails etc.

Any ideas welcome.