Re: [squid-users] squid and firefox

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:01:39 +0200 (CEST)

On 24 Apr 2004, Prashant Kumar wrote:

> Now I want the browser to display a timer. How do I do it please? Since
> this timer has to synchronise with a successful login.. I guess I'll
> have to hack firefox code.

Or you could use a "start of session" page (see earlier thread) and have
this open a small popup window showing the timer. The timer as such can
easily be syncronised with your backend keeping track of when the login
expires..

> Second thing is if a user has forgotten to log out of a say yahoo or
> hotmail account, I don't want the next customer to read the previous
> customers emails etc.

Make sure the browser is fully restarted between customers, and that the
cookie, history, urlbar and browser cache is cleared. Any of these may
contain sensitive information which you (or your customers) do not want to
be leaked between customers.

This is mostly a logistics question. How to detect that one person leaves
and another comes to the same station.