Re: [squid-users] need some help with tunneled parent cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:17:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Jerry Adlersfluegel wrote:

> > cache_peer localhost parent 4128 0 no-query default
> > acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> > never_direct allow all

> error message:
>
> > The requested URL could not be retrieved
> >
> > While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.squid-cache.org/
> >
> > The following error was encountered:
> > Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.squid-cache.org

This error in this configuration most likely indicates Squid can not look
up the IP address of the cache_peer. Have seen such errors a couple of
times but never bothered to file a bug report on it. If it bothers you,
you are welcome to file a bug report and maybe I remember to fix the error
message to indicate the correct host name..

Try using IP address instead of hostname in your cache_peer line
(127.0.0.1 for localhost).