[squid-users] Squid as an FTP proxy?

From: Elvis Presley <elvispresleydied@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:31:16 -0700 (PDT)

Can you point me to material describing Squid as an
FTP proxy?

I'm not sure 'proxy' is even the right term. How does
squid translate the domain name of the ftp server, if
the external client has already done it? I assume
squid listens to the ftp ports and accepts connections
on behalf of internal (ftp) servers.

Again, I am interested in forward and reverse roles.

Does squid ftp-proxy support 'active' and 'passive'
ftp connections?

Are there special purpose(=non-squid) "proxies" for
ftp?

Can ftp even be fully(=transparently) proxied?

Thanks. You've been great

Elvis
:)

<attachment>