Re: [squid-users] Possible squid exploit?

From: Hendrik Voigtländer <hendrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:08:20 +0200

The user browser talks to squid (Port 3128,8080 whatever) using http.
Squid is unable to use ftp on the client side, that is a lot of
ftp-clients can not be used with squid.
Squid connects to ftp-Server Port 21 (control), Server tells the client
a Hiport. Squid connects this Port for Data. (PASV) If you are inside a
firewall you are most certainly using PASV. (Dont know if this is the
squid default). File is delivered to browser via http.

Regards, Hendrik