Re: [squid-users] hardware requirements

From: <alireza@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 00:43:26 +0430 (IRST)

Hi Deborha,

I think a PIII 800 is enough for you, but you can choose a better CPU.
About the among of memory it is depend on the size of your cache.you
should dedicate 10Mb RAM per 1 GB of Cache storage. About H.D.D you should
choose fastest Harddisk that you can prepare.If you use 2 or 3 H.D.D, it
is very better than using just 1 H.D.D

I tested Suid on both OpenBSD and Redhat Linux, but unfortunately they
were not in the same situation so i cannot tell you which one is better,
but i have heard that squid on BSD has a better performance than the
linux. BUT I AM NOT SURE!.may be other friends on the list can help in
this case.

Alireza