[squid-users] HEAD requests on a reverse proxy

From: Nick <nick@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 17:14:14 -0400

Hello, I have two servers running squid as a reverse proxy. The squid servers caches pages that come from another server running Apache. When squid was initially setup I denied HEAD requests but now I need to allow HEAD requests. We have a Cisco GSS load balancer that probes the server using HTTP HEAD requests. Are there any security issues when allowing HEAD requests on a squid proxy.

Thanks,
Nick