RE: [squid-users] Squid Server Accelerator + iptables

From: Jim Matthews <jim.matthews@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:45:11 -0400

Hi

We are using Squid in accelerator mode to lessen the load on our backend
web server. Here's the scenario:

--Box A is Squid
--Box B is Web Server

On Box A, I need to allow outside access to port 80 (configured for
Squid). Since Box A and Box B are talking to one another "behind the
scenes", how do I need to setup the rules to allow them to communicate?

On Box B, I would imagine I just need to configure the machine to listen
to requests on port 80 only from Box A. Does that seem correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jim Matthews
ISS Systems Administrator