RE: [squid-users] squid banned after transparent proxy

From: Hwee Khoon, Neo <hweekhoon.neo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 09:40:41 +0800

What browser are u using to access the website? In a transparent proxy env,
some browser does not send host header if you do not specify proxy settings.
So, based on the IP header (dest IP) field, your squid would think that you
are trying to get the object from it directly. (becos you are forcing the
traffic to squid server)

try specifying a host header inside your get request.

rgds