RE: [squid-users] Re: Encrypted traffic with proxy server?

From: Rick Whitley <rickwh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:50:20 -0500

Does your configuration use proxy_auth and is the initial communication
encrypted? (dialogbox). Is there a place I can go to see examples of
this?

rick...
Rom.5:8

>>> Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@Wiremold.com> 7/14/2004 9:56:54 AM

We've set up a reverse proxy with the --enable-ssl option. Our back
end
webservers are http on port 80. Squid only accepts traffic from port
443.
The browsers are connecting to the proxy (run in accelerator/reverse
proxy
mode) All traffic between internet users and the proxy are ssl. From
the
proxy to our web servers are not ssl.

A proxy is not the same as a reverse proxy, although it is close. One
solution would be to have 2 squid boxes in a server room, where the
only
sniffing that could be done would have to be done within the server
room.
Configure one has a reverse proxy, sending all traffic to the normal
proxy.

Student PC --> ssl connection--> squid as reverse proxy in server room
-->
port 80 -->squid as proxy in server room --> internet webservers

Chris Perreault