Re: [squid-users] How to increase TCP-HIT ratio

From: Michal Weinfurtner <weinfurt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:48:39 +0200

Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Michal Weinfurtner wrote:
>I believe that MSIE uses the small red-cross in a square to indicate that
>it did not or failed to download the content. If you have access to a
>system that exhibits this behaviour, I would suggest grep'ping the
>access.log for requests from this system to see if it requested the
>content that should have been displayed. The status associated with the
>request in the access.log should provide you a hint as to the root cause
>of the problem.

I did it same way. Collegue send me exact time and URL, when it happen
to him, and i cannot see his URL in logs at that time. I see it later
with 200 status, after he click on show picture. There is no log entries
about timedout in access.log :-( that is, what i can't understand. As I
said, it happens sometimes on same pages, www.redhat.com , www.yahoo.com
www.seznam.cz, www.gentoo.org everywhere but sometimes.

M.