Re: [squid-users] RAID question

From: A. Sajjad Zaidi <sajjad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:16:59 +0600

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 12:36:28PM -0400, Kvetch wrote:

> I have about 30 sites running on these servers. Is setting up one
> cache_dir my best solution? How do I determine what size I should
> make my cache_dir?

From what I've gathered, setting up 2 or more caches on separate drives
is better than 1 big cache. This is what I did with my setup (2 x 36GB).
There is one 18GB partition for cache at the start of each drive (where
the transfer rate is better) and the rest is used for logs and the OS.

Ideally, I would have used four drives, making 2 RAID1 mirrors and
dividing the cache among those, but was limited by the available
hardware.

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi
GnuPG Key ID: 0xD7AD0E13