Re: [squid-users] Adaptation of access.log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:02:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Jens Strohschnitter wrote:

> ehm it seems to be a little bit difficult to upgrade Squid 2.3 to 2.5
> under our SuSE Linux 7.2. We have round about 120 servers running SuSE
> 7.2 with Squid 2.3 and for this distribution does not exist any rpm-file
> for squid higher than 2.3.

The later source rpm should rebuild just fine..

> I've tried to compile the sources of 2.5 but
> squid will crash after a client makes a connect to it.

Why?

> I started squid with squid -sYD and ps ax showes that it is running.
> But after a connect from a client, the process crashes without any
> logoutput.

Have you looked in cache.log?

> Is there no chance to create a custom logformat with squid 2.3 ?

Yes, but only if you are willing to pay for the time and support.

As far as I am concerned Squid-2.3 is a closed chapter, but money talks.
But my advice would be to spend that money on looking into why Squid-2.5
fails for you rather than trying to backport the custom log formats
support to Squid-2.3.